What Does Pedagogy Mean to You? 

Photo by Wonderlane on Unsplash

For me, pedagogy is about the methods educators use to teach others. It helps me recognize that collaborations work best for me. Thinking back to course projects I have done in the past, I often performed well when working with others.

Networked Pedagogy in Action:

The idea of networked pedagogy is to connect with others and allow different approaches to ideas. I find this approach very useful because it allows me to see from different angles. For example, there was a time I commented on someone’s post, only to realize that I misunderstood the concept. I think technology acts as a bridge in networked pedagogy, making it more convenient to learn. 

Learning Theories in Practice:

Photo by Changbok Ko on Unsplash

The learning theory that resonates most with me is connectivism. Just like what we are doing in this course, its’ idea is to engage with others and create a network. I feel likes this is the most useful because it resembles the society. For example, learners can participate in discussions and share knowledge. As a learner, this theory allows me to connect with other classmates, and following relevant discussions. 

The Role of the Instructor:

I think online courses instructors have to maintain a fair environment while making the resources easily assessed and engaging. I have had positive experiences with EDCI courses where my instructors provided feedback and replied. This helps to reduce anxiety for both instructors and students. Online courses are extremely difficult if there are zero connections with other peers. I think the whole idea of learning is to learn and support each other. I also had some instructors who unsuccessfully fulfilled their spots because of the transition in covid. I am not trying to blame anyone because I totally understand the situation we were in. 

Exploring Digital Spaces:

The benefit of learning in digital environments is that they come with flexibility. It allows students to learn anywhere and anytime. This kind of learning environment fits better for my schedule because I am currently busy with other tasks other than school work. I am also very skilled at using these digital resources. Moreover, it allows me to connect with other classmates, who I rarely talk in class. However, learning independently can make students feel isolated. I think digital spaces are totally fine but there needs to be some kind of mixture between online and in-person. This kind of freedom can often be exciting at first, but over time, students may procrastinate. I ensure that I am contributing to others by actively commenting and engaging with other peers. I try to keep an academic tone and avoid inappropriate languages.